Infant massage has many benefits to the baby. Research has shown that it can -
- improve sleep patterns
- relieve colic, constipation and teething pains.
- aid digestion
- strengthen the bond between you and your baby
- stimulate the baby's physical growth and emotional development
- boost the immune and lymphatic system
- have a calming effect on both baby and parent
The course includes adaptations for the older child.
Infant massage also benefits the parent and -
- can help new parents feel more confident handling their baby
- can help with post natal depression
- aids with your understanding of your baby, as you learn to read your baby's body language
- provides quality one to one time with your baby
- is fun and relaxing
- provides the opportunity to meet other parents
" Massaged infants are more active, gain weight faster and become more efficient. It's amazing how much information is communicable in a touch " - Dr.Tiffany Field, Touch Research Centre, University of Miami.